12. Face Paint Bible Story: this is one of my favorite ways to involve kids in helping me retell a Bible story. You can read about that here.
13. Speech Bubbles: Select the kids who will help retell the Biblical account. Using speech bubbles above their heads, you can tell the story in a fun, new way. You can read about that here.
14. Bible Verse Shirts: Using t-shirts, write one word of your Bible memory verse on the shirt. Place shirts in a stack. Have teams compete to see who can place their first in order with the fastest time (all members wearing a shirt and in order). You can check this idea out here.
15. Googly Eye Glasses: I use these to express surprise as I retell a story. When these pop out and I put them on, kids are suddenly drawn in. The fun element of humor really adds to this prop. You can get those here.
16. Balloons to tell a story: Using a 2 x 4, thumb tacks, and some round balloons, you can retell your story in a super fun way. I like to dress each balloon up using fun markers, costumes, mustaches, etc. This is a great way to talk about Joseph and his brothers. Each balloon has it's own "personality/look" and creates a fun display when you have a bunch on one long board.
17. Eye Masks: I am a collector of fun sleep masks. I love using these as the blindfolds during games. You can see a pic here. Purchase one here at one of my favorite places.
18. Branding: I love putting my ministry name on ANYTHING/EVERYTHING. I want people in the community and church alike to know who we are and that we are committed to doing ministry with excellence.
19. Funny Web Sites: Sometimes I get stuck in a creative rut. Nothing helps me like going to web sites that sell misc. gift items. There's something about seeing some of those pics that inspires me to create a fun lesson, object lesson, or game. Archie McPhee is my all time fave.
20. Dollar Store Ideas. I love wandering the aisles of the Dollar Store. I like to challenge myself to come up with new games or object lessons based on the new items the store is carrying. You can read about that here.