A list of topics may include:
How to choose an age appropriate Bible
How to begin holding family devotions
What's the Bible say about......have parents submit questions ahead of time that you answer
Dealing with grief
Sharing your story--teaching parents to share about their own faith walk with their kids
2. Host an event that includes both parents and kids. Perhaps one Sunday you include a Bible blitz during Sunday School. During this time you teach families how to use their Bibles, play some fun games, and answer a few faith questions in family groups. Many times parents are uncomfortable leading at home in the area of discipleship because they've never "practiced" this gives them that chance!
3. Mark "spiritual milestones". Group Pub. has some great resources to help you lead these events. Consider implementing one new course for marking spiritual milestones each quarter. In just a couple of years you'd have the entire program in place.
4. Consider special events such as a Journey to the Summit retreat or conference. Teaching parents to have discussions regarding purity as kids develop is critical. Give them the tools to do just that by hosting this special event. http://www.imaginefamilyministries.com/1/post/2013/02/journey-to-the-summit-preteen-parent-purity-sessions.html
5. Provide moments in your main service for spiritual discipleship to occur in families. Have a family prayer time at the altar. Invite generations of people to come pray together as families. Provide a list of scriture and blessings that families could include who may be uncomfortable.
6. Don't forget grandparents: provide events that include the training of grandparents. Many times, these people will become your biggest allies. Train them to spiritually lead as well. Imagine the impact of generations! There are some great grandparenting resources out there now.
7. Set up a FB page for your ministry that sends out quick discipleship ideas or challenges to the parents in your ministry. Here's mine http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Imagine-Ministries/157729735808
8. Text ideas to parents each week. Consider things such as "Read Romans 3:23 together. Talk about what this verse means."