I couldn't have been more wrong. Over the short months of this program, I have grown more as a leader than I had collectively in many years of ministry.
If you're like me, you know the "celebrities" in the #kidmin world. Jim Wideman is definitely one. I have read every Jim Wideman book, attended his workshops, and would consider myself to be a bit of a "groupie." When considering a coach, there was really only one that I wanted.
Jim's Infuse Coaching Program has helped me in so many tangible ways. Here are a few of them. (Use this link to read more about Infuse) _
1. Accountability: I know that my peers (the others in the program with me) and Jim are watching what I say/do/and commit to on a daily basis during this intense period. This has caused me to be serious about making changes that needed to be made. I've put things into place that have always been on my "I'll get to that list" because I knew I'd be asked about it.
2. Concept vs. fads: I have left conferences before with the latest/greatest idea or concept. Infuse is way beyond cup stacking or the latest kids worship song (these are great too!). This has taught me to become intentional about the way I lead.....which will impact every area of my life.
3. Long-term planning: I am thinking about six months down the road now and putting the necessary steps into place to get us there. I am no longer working in a state of panic about the activities of the month.
4. It's Personal: here's the truth.......I have personal access to a "celebrity" of sorts in the kidmin world. I can call/email/message him about anything now and I would have access to his wisdom and expertise.
5. Changed my priorities. I've had a "one man" mentality over the course of my ministry. I now realize that I my role is to serve the person over me as Sr. Pastor. It is HIS ministry and I am a support person in that system. I now want to do all that I can to see him succeed and will work my tail off to see his vision come to be. Don't get me wrong, my ministry to children and their families will be conducted with excellence but I am able to align myself as part of the team better.
If you have ever considered a coaching program for ministry, I would highly recommend Infuse. I don't know of a better way to invest in yourself as a leader. In what ways could you benefit from having your very own ministry coach?